Sunday, February 7, 2010

The First Week

There was a reason for the cost of those perfectly plain black dresses. -Dorothy Parker

Yes, I realize, this is the easy part. I mean, it has only been a week right?!? But don't speak too quickly, because the skeletons of my previous existence have already begun to rear their ugly heads. For example, I received a notice in yesterday's mail that the annual Barneys Warehouse Sale was about to commence. For New Yorkers, this event is right up there with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and Yankees opening day. It is a voracious land of chaos staged in what was once the Barneys Co-op store downtown. Racks and racks of bargains lie before you and if you are lucky enough to get out with a Dries van Noten blouse, Vince trousers, oh, and your life still in tact, then it was a successful venture. But alas, I was a good girl, and the notice of this sale went directly into the trash.

So how shall I resist a constant bevy of temptations?? Step 1, I have removed my evil credit card from my wallet. I haven't done anything extreme like cut it up and I know where it is in case of an ACTUAL emergency, but I also know where it is not when I see a pair of boots that my wardrobe has been lacking for so long, and that's in my wallet. Step 2, I will not torture myself. No going into stores or buying fashion magazines...what is the point really? Also, if I am limited to working with what I have in my closet for the next 11 months, then I cannot be influenced by the current trends and must create my own "looks" for the coming seasons. My BF has recently realized that Step 2 will be affecting him as well. You see, my fondness for the art of purchasing extends beyond my own closet as I often buy clothes for him as well. I feel if you have a talent for something, you should really help those who may lack said talent. It is only right to give back ;)

Oh, and for those of you who had requested a photo of the dress from the previous post, here ya go!

This was sadly taken by yours truly in my bathroom full length mirror after my BF's birthday dinner. Clearly no one at the party got the importance of taking a full length picture of my outfit!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I love the dress and your accessories are perfect! You are incredible. I think it was a perfect 'swan song' purchase. xoxo

    ReplyDelete